Saturday 28 August 2010

Playing mind games.


So lost in confusion,
Nothing to gain, but far too much to lose,
Disorientation in my brain,
This is a game I cannot win,

Your words are like poison,
Running through my veins,
It's pain I cannot bear,

You always seem to have the answers,
I don't understand,
I always search for comfort,
Inside intoxicating dreams,
It's my abuse that pushes you,
Away...

You ripped right through my walls,
I can't rebuild from this,
You have broken through,

I worked my way inside your head,
Just to push you far away... with these mind games,
But still you seem to stay,
Maybe I cause you so much pain,
To try and make this end,

And you hate my drunken rages,
I hurt you with my words,
Still you push right back,
Right back in to me,

I hurt myself to punish you,
And I hurt you just the same,
My wounds will bleed but they will fade,
Your mental scars will never even heal,

You ask me why I chastise you for loving me,
There is no answer I can find,
Maybe I'm just scared...
Afraid of what you bring,

Loving me, was never easy anyway,
Loving you is all I fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment