Wednesday 18 August 2010

Intoxication.


You make me cry,
I'm slowly dying on the inside,
There's a darkness in your eyes,
So beautiful a loss you find,

I'll punish myself for loving you,
With nothing inside torture doesn't break through,
Emptiness is all I feel,
A wound you left will never heal,

The wine tastes bitter sweet to me,
It has the potential promise I need to hear,
You deny me the will to live,
For this I drink myself to death,
It is my sorrow you'll regret,
Never hold out thy hand to me,
I will deny thy help to save my soul,
Already lost, far gone, exposed,

Intoxicate my mind tonight,
It is thy drink I crave for now,

You burn me,
I enjoy the pain to some extent,
But I hate your mind games,
You break me,
I spend forever trying to fix these shattered pieces,

And I drink because I crave your taste,
I enjoy your sweet intoxication washing over me,
Your drug like feeling consumes me,
I enjoy the lack of consciousness,
Awareness is not all it seems,
You scare me,
Beaten down by all you bring,
You lie to me,
Behind the beauty of your eyes,
But they're still lies,
You're still not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment