Friday 13 August 2010

Closer to me.


If I hold my tongue,
My silence is only to please you,
Try to keep you sweet so,
Maybe you'll eventually try to see beyond the smoke screen,
That I'm presenting you with,
It's how I hide my feelings,
To keep me from harming me,

Will you smash the walls I've built around myself,
If it's my heart you're seeking,
Maybe that's the way to go,
But just promise me this one thing,
Even when I push you far away with my difficult phases,
Don't ever leave me alone here,
To deal with all the pain...
I create my own distractions,
Look for faults that don't exist,
It's a coping mechanism,
To avoid a broken heart further down the line...

I try to make an effort,
Regardless of the consequences,
Mindlessly climbing obstacles in my path,
It leads me straight back to these complications,
And I don't seem to mind them,
The reward seems to defeat the difficulties.

You're trying to convince me,
Life can be worth living,
When there is just one thing...
That helps to keep me smiling,

You're pushing closer to me,
I turn and run away,
Hiding from the confusion that you bring me,
I'm trying to hurt you to make you go away,
Don't understand what you see,
In someone as crazy as me,
You're moving closer still,
I'll keep pushing you far away with my insanity,
Why don't you leave me,
Not so sure I understand this?

If you decide to pursue this,
Just remember that I'll push back,
To protect my fragile heart from you,
If you can push beyond this,
Maybe we could be...!

No comments:

Post a Comment