Thursday 16 September 2010

Damsel in distress.


Freedom seems so far from me,
Trapped, I've long lost all hope,
You push me underneath your big feet,
Trample on my dreams,
My dreams lead me far from here,
My fairytale love awaits me,

Broken hearts don't mend SO easily,
And mine is shattered in to pieces...
Your insults bleed me of my sanity,
My strength is long gone,

Pain burns right through me,
I enjoy it, but not this way,

And I'm only young,
So what do I know of love?
I've never felt anything even close...
To true love,
Infatuation is all that I've known,
And true love should be a fairytale,
Not a living hell,
I'm just a damsel in distress,
Won't you come rescue me,
Save me from this hell,
You always feared he would come one day,
My white knight to rescue me,
Carry me far away from here,
Well I guess that time has come...
You're always trying to break me down,
Now you see that I am strong,

I walk around untouched by you,
Your insults go unheard,
My love for him has consumed me,
I feel nothing else,
I finally understand that you needed me,
Far more than I ever needed you,

And he loves me completely,
Even with all my faults,
You always tried to change me,
I was forced to grow up way too quickly,

You stole six years of my life,
And destroyed everything I know,

My true love mends the pain I bleed,
And fixes all you did to me,
He's the one I lean on readily,
I fall in to his arms when you try to shatter me,
You're no longer worthy of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment